Pages

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Farmhouse Pantry





  


When we were out looking at a million old farmhouses in our hunt for the
perfect farm, we saw a lot of cool things. However, I did not run across
a single old fashioned pantry. 

      You can imagine how excited I was to find this walk in closet between the mud room and our kitchen. I instantly knew I would be converting this into a pantry. 



My daughter and I removed the hooks and hanger bar. We ripped out the carpet and
padding.  We painted the small room robin's egg blue and put down new flooring. 

I mixed two different paint colors that I had left over to create the wall color.





With a freshly updated space we started thinking about storage.  I considered many 
options including bookshelves, built in shelves, mounted shelves, and a few other 
things.  Nothing worked with the dimensions, the farmhouse style I wanted for the 
entire house or cost factors. 

Then my husband pointed out this unit at a local shop we have fallen in love with.  
I fell in LOVE with these shelves at Back Porch Gatherings.  I fall in love with everything in this shop and the sweet owners on a weekly basis. 



Photo Courtesy of Back Porch Gatherings in Berlin, WI


We brought this baby home and it was absolutely perfect! With 
a little help from my son's girlfriend, my son and husband, this shelf was cleaned, 
put in place and filled up.  My son added an extra shelf above the unit for empty jars. 




We also found these chicken wire filled frames at same amazing shop.  I was prepared to 
search and search for an old frame and then wrestle with chicken wire to make this, 
but Back Porch Gatherings had it already made and they were the perfect size.  It is 
the perfect art for this space.


Popular recipes we use from family and friends are easy to display and find





We do have a recipe box that we use to store recipes in.  But this is a great way to 
access recipes that we use often.  For some reason it is a little more fun to take a 
recipe out of a clothes pin than digging through a stuffed recipe box. And I love 
seeing recipes that friends and family members have jotted down for me on display. 





After living with the pantry for a few days, I discovered that this empty
little corner needed a little charm and interest.

A boring corner in the pantry

I found an old window frame in my garage.
The chair is from BPG.


 I'm in love with the final results.
The pantry is definitely my version of farmhouse style.
It is not perfect and so pretty I don't want anyone to go in and mess it up.
It's practical and usable.
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment